Flavours of Grenada Food and Beverage Festival
The second Flavours of Grenada® Food and Beverage Festival will occur May 20 – 27, 2019. The week-long event will feature events that encourage participants to relax, revitalise and restore inner balance at their leisure. These events will be held at select locations around the island, before culminating with the Battle of the Flavours Extreme Culinary & Mixology Competition at Port Louis.
- MAY 20 – 23“Battle of the Flavours” Culinary and Mixology CompetitionVenue: At select hotels and restaurants around GrenadaTalented chefs and mixologist around the island will compete with each other by cooking and mixing spices, herbs and spirits to craft specialty food and drinks.
- MAY 20 – 23Get up and Glow! Flavours of Grenada® Breakfast and Yoga ClubTime: 7:00AM – 9:00AM | Venue: Mt. Cinnamon Yoga DeckKick start each morning with guided yoga at Mount Cinnamon's Yoga Deck before indulging in a signature, Flavours of Grenada® breakfast buffet.
- MAY 21Farm-to-table Culinary Safari, Griot & MeditationTime: 8:00AM – 3:00PM | Departing: Port Louis to Concord waterfalls, Diamond Chocolate Estate, Resource EstateJoin Flavours of Grenada® on a wanderlust safari exploring the impressive flora and fauna of Grenada’s scenic west coast mountains, while invigorating your sense of touch, smell and taste. Be sure to dip your feet in Grenada’s refreshing Concord Waterfalls, or savour on one of Diamond Chocolate’s, rich, dark chocolate bars while touring the chocolate estate. When it’s time for lunch, let a Flavours of Grenada® chef teach you how to prepare the afternoon’s lunch from fruits and crops foraged from the day’s tour. While the pot is bubbling on the traditional outside fire, enjoy a peaceful meditation session, or join a Griot and enjoy the historical stories told about the local area.
- MAY 22De La Grenade Industries Garden Tour & Tea at the Tower Estate Great HouseTime: 1:00PM – 4:00PM | Venue: The Tower Estate & De La Grenade Industries, St. Paul’sExperience the exquisite grandeur of the Tower Estate while experiencing the essence of the famous Blue Tea, said to enhance the female spirit. Have tea on its lush green lawn reminiscent of an English garden, or just enjoy amazing cucumber sandwiches and delightful cakes. While Built in 1913, the Great House is set in a beautifully landscaped botanical garden and is home to a working organic farm and the Flavours of Grenada® herbs and spices garden. It’s one not to be missed!
De La Grenade Industries, a leading Food Processing Company in Grenada, has pioneered the use of nutmeg pericarp (fruit) in the manufacture of delicious delicacies, like its Morne Délice Nutmeg Jam, Jelly and Syrup. The authentic condiments are distributed on the local market and exported regionally and internationally. Take a walking tour through the picturesque, well-manicured gardens and experience a first-hand how Grenada’s natural spices are grown.
- MAY 23Battle of the Flavours Semi-final Culinary CompetitionTime: 11:00AM – 6:00PM | Venue: Silversands GrenadaBattle of the Flavours semi Finals begins with the winners from the preliminary competition. In a sophisticated top of the line, high end setting, we challenge our culinary professionals creativity and ability to produce their best and secure a place in the final rounds at the extreme cooking challenge at the food festival village. Join us to savour the various flavours the finalists will showcase at an exclusive upscale location.
- MAY 24Art, Wine & Music – Find Your Happy PlaceTime: 6:00PM – 9:00PM | Venue: Pier 57Enjoy a grand, all-inclusive cocktail package with delicious hors d’ oeuvres, food and wine sampling, as well as dynamic local entertainment, presented in the presence of fine art from local talent. This adult only event is designed to allow you to fully immerse yourself in the cultural experience that is Flavours of Grenada®.
- MAY 25Flavours of Grenada® Food Fest & Garden PartyTime: 2:00PM – 9:00PM | Venue: Port Louis LawnThe Flavours of Grenada® Food Festival Village will showcase the eclectic blend of Grenada’s rich culture through local art, craft, agriculture, and food. Indulge in an array of delicacies, including meats, seafood, fruits and vegetables, fresh breads, pastries, and desserts – all of which are prepared by some of Grenada’s most talented chefs from all seven parishes. The event will also feature the final showdown of the Battle of the Flavours Extreme Culinary & Mixology Competition. Select chefs and mixologists will participate in cooking demos, beachside, in the hopes of being crowned the best on island. At sunset, the Garden Party will wrap-up with a spectacular entertainment featuring a cast of local musical stars.
- MAY 26Flavours of Grenada® Sailing Culinary SafariDeparting: 10:00 AM | Venue: Port Louis MarinaSail along Grenada’s scenic coast before stopping off on a breathtaking beach for a tropical picnic. Enjoy snorkelling, kayaking and savouring signature rum cocktails at your leisure.
Stay and Play
30% off Room Nights at Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club
Booking code: FLAVOURSMC2019
Enjoy 30% off rack rates (excludes Cinnamon Heights); Complimentary breakfast; Access to the Beach Club, non-motorized water sports, tennis and fitness facilities; Free WiFi.
Must stay a minimum of 3 nights; Cannot be combined with other promotions